Monday, May 12, 2008

Hubba Bubba..

Hey there.

Welcome to my weekly social commentary, which I anticipate will make no sense.

Think about this.

Something about being part of a crowd skews your vision – whether it’s what you say, what you think or what you buy. It creates a cloud around your head that makes you judge and allows you to BE judged (by those you know, and even by total strangers). You fall into a stereotype of the group. You become prey to those who aren’t a part of the group and you become fodder for those that are.

Hang out with pretty people? You’re vain.

Hang out with smart people? You’re a geek.

Hang out with popular people? Then you’ve GOT to be fake.

And the talk. True or not..people believe the talk.

I heard the best advice not too long ago. If you want be part of this world, people will talk. Eventually. You gotta decide if all this is worth it.

And some days..it is.

Other days..eh.

But like the good doctor says..

Life is like a lions fight. So chin up, put your shoulders back, walk proud, strut a little. Don't lick your wounds, celebrate them. The scars you bear are the signs of a competitor. You were in a lions' fight. Just because you didn't win doesn't mean you don't know how to roar.

Keep it in mind.


Until next time,
B

1 comment:

Kimala said...

cool post Blissie :)

I always like to think - well, at least we gave 'em something to talk about, right?

I put my heart out there. Maybe I would add that to my list. Sure it gets stomped on - but heck, the rewards from putting it out here often outweigh anything else.

Do we need to go buy special clothes to strut around and show off our scars? Can we go buy cool tails like Carly? I have always secretly wanted one :) Save me a shopping date when I get back!!

/me spanks Bliss and runs off to PBS land breakfast... heehee