Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Change..


So, some things are inevitable in life. First and second. One being change.

These last few weeks have held a lot of change for me - good and not so good.

And I thought to myself..I can't do this. I just can't make it work. But the thing is, I didn't know what I wanted to do. Where I wanted to be. Who I had become.

And I had a funny thought yesterday.

No funny ha ha. Funny AHA!

I am..what I make of me.

I can either wallow in my own sadness, or I can get up and find my way.

So, I did just that.

I wandered..and I hunted..and I searched. I shopped and I took pictures and I had fun. I had fun all by myself.

Now, don't mistake me for saying I'm better off alone. I love being a part of a group and having fun. I have my friends and I love them all. And I know if I ever needed help, they'd be there for me and vice versa.

But I think just flying solo for a while was necessary. For me to remember a lot of things - about SL and myself. When I started this blog, I used the term "Not all who wander are lost" on top. The very first time I said it in SL was to BigD when I showed everyone the Blissie Cave and we wandered the entire sim going into other people's homes and stuff. That adventure always stuck with me.

I've decided what my short-term future holds. Not work, but a new adventure for me to get lost in. I'm excited. I can't remember the last time I was really really excited about something for myself in SL. I started Blissful Productions, but never really got EXCITED about it - which is why it never went anywhere.

But!

I'm not what SL makes of me. SL is what I make of it.

And the view today is pretty damn good to me.

I guess people are right when they say there's always a rainbow after a storm..or..whatever it is people say about the good things that come out after things have been at their worst.

:) See you when I see you. Maybe here, maybe not.

Peace out, yo.



XOXO,
B

2 comments:

Parker said...

Ms. Blissfulness, I love that shot and can't wait to see the view for myself.

Change happens, as evident by my last 2 weeks in SL and the last three months of my RL. It is how we deal with it or not deal with it that makes the difference. One thing the past few weeks have shown me is that we may think we are "flying solo", but we are far from alone.

Joonie said...

I absolutely LOVE this post, Bliss. It's exactly where I'm at in my SL and I'm happy to see that you are, as well. It's kinda fun, no?

Love it...love your attitude...love you!

*hugs* Here's to the adventure!