Sunday, April 15, 2012

Get Moving

This isn't a politically correct post.  So, if you're easily offended, please skip the post.

Okay.  So here's the deal.  We, as a part of today's generation, are lazy.  We rely on technology for everything and own gadgets to control gadgets that control gadgets.

So what's the result?

A lot of cankles.  No, I mean it.  A lot of morbidly obese people are roaming the streets.

Now, I live in NYC, which I think ranks third in vain states (lead only by California and Florida).  So we're a place where there are gyms on every single street corner (if not two!).  If you don't look a certain way, then you are looked down on.

Come on - did you want me to sugar coat this?

Pretty people get treated better than people with extra stomachs.  It's a reality.  So!

I know (and love) people of all sizes.  But I hate nothing more than when someone complains that they're overweight......but do nothing about it.

Nobody can change your life and your lifestyle....but you.

NOW!  Let me say this - there are people with medical conditions that cannot help weight gain.  Those people have an excuse.  But everyone else.....?  What's the story?

I know busy schedules.  I know the working late..the family..the no time to even breathe life.

But here's the thing, kids.  All it takes to make yourself healthier and extend your life span is thirty minutes.

Thirty minutes of your day can make a huge change.

And my Second Life friends.....we all know how quickly a two hour gig can go by.  So....skip 30 minutes of a gig and go for a jog.  Take 30 minutes and try some yoga or pilates.  Have a little more time?  Try a dance class or a spin class.

But, for your health..take the time and take care of your body.

Small good decisions lead to big good decisions.  And you'll see the difference in your life and yourself.  :)

I'm not looking down on people that don't work out.  But why wouldn't you take every opportunity to live a longer, healthier life?

I aim to work out at LEAST three times a week for an hour or more.  In reality, I work out seven times a week .  I run, and I've added dance class into the mix.  Do I love some chocolate and cake and ice cream?  Of course I do.

But I also know that if there's a train and I need to run for it.....I need to be able to do it without killing myself.

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, don't get me wrong.  This isn't about being fat or thin.  

But there's healthy and unhealthy.  There's no two ways about THAT.

Get your body moving.  

Want some helpful links?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/aerobic-exercise/EP00002

https://www.presidentschallenge.org/

Just so you know I'm not full of shit....below is my own personal goal just recently reached (courtesy of my Nike+ system).



XOXO,
B

No comments: