Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Goodnight My Sweet Love

It's with the heaviest of hearts that I let you all know that my dad passed away on Thursday.  He has been very sick for the last two months and in and out of the hospital. His liver was compromised by the cancer, and failed him. 

I don't even have words to convey how heartbroken I am. I miss him so very much every minute of every day.  He was the most amazing father I could have ever asked for. He was kind, generous, sweet, funny and loving. 

I wish him nothing but peace and love and light.  And if he can, I hope he watches over me from above as he always did in life. 

A lot of you have been on this long journey with myself and my dad - and you all know it was a hard one. But we were blessed with three more years than we expected.  I can't thank you all enough for your love and support over these last few years - you'll never know how much it truly meant to me. 

Thank you. 


This was the last sunrise we watched together from his hospital bed.  It seemed so beautiful at the time - and now, it is even more beautiful to me because I'll never be able to do this again with him. 


Cheryl

3 comments:

mikki freschi said...

I saw a sign this morning and thought of you cherish your age, some are not so lucky....I love you, Mikki

mikki freschi said...

I saw a sign this morning and thought of you cherish your age, some are not so lucky....I love you, Mikki

mikki freschi said...

come back blissie