Sunday, November 1, 2009

Who Says You Can't Go Home?

Yesterday I updated my blog a little..changed the title page. In my search for the perfect quote..I found the following lyrics:

“When you look into my eyes,
And you see the crazy gypsy in my soul,
It always comes as a surprise,
When I feel my withered roots begin to grow,
Well I never had a place that I could call my very own,
That's all right, my love,
'cause you're my home.”

~Billy Joel

I had no idea how much that quote would fit with today.

I went to visit Borday, who was rezzing someplace new to live. And he rezzed..The Skybox.

I capitalize..because..The Skybox..was our home..for more than a year. That house survived sim moves, club ownerships, jobs, friends, taste changes, seasons.....

That house was ultimately us. It wasn't just a house..it was home.

And when he rezzed it..I saw everything as it was. I saw the furniture..the poses..the moments..the conversations..the laughing..the fighting..the dancing..the everything.

I remember slow dancing in boxing gloves for hours..just talking. Sitting on pillows by the fireplace doing post-party rundowns. Racing each other to the bed at night before logging. Kissing under the mistletoe at Christmas time. :) Sitting by our Christmas tree and opening presents. Valentine's Day..birthdays...

That house..wasn't just a build. It wasn't just where I rezzed for the longest time. It was home. And some people ask..why do I need an SL home?

Well, to me..it's like.......having a place you can always be. It's a place that's just yours. Private. Safe. And what makes a house a home is simple: happiness. It's what makes our RL homes a "home". And it's the same for SL.

I've heard that you can never really go home again. I agree and disagree with that statement.

You CAN go home. You just cannot go home to the home you once knew. But home..a REAL home..is always there for you. It isn't about the name of your land..or the sim - it's about the way it makes you feel. Like..you've arrived. And you belong.

Mr. Moo will always be home to me - no matter how far we may travel from each other. I wish everyone were as lucky as I am..to have a home in SL that would always be there no matter how big or little the fuck ups were.

So for me..those song lyrics really meant a lot more today than they did yesterday. And I think it's kinda fate that I fell on them when I did.

What does it all mean? I don't know. :) I just know..that I'm thankful he's a part of my life. I'm thankful for the ups and downs. I'm thankful for it all.

It's been a long way..and I've travelled a lot. But it's time. Welcome back home, Blissie Boucher. :)




XOXO,
B

1 comment:

Crighton Johin said...

This post leaves me speechless. I have nothing to add. Great writing, Bliss....and I love and appreciate your sentiments. :-)