Sunday, October 3, 2010

Okay, Let's Remember...

So, maybe I shouldn't say this..but I feel like I should.

Second Life is not reality.

It's not..how do I say this? You're not wandering forests. Or swimming in oceans. It's not reality.

I had the brutal displeasure of running into someone I met a very long time ago in SL.

She was so wrapped up in Second Life..so..consumed by SL, SL love, SL drama, SL was RL to her..and all I could do was fake an AFK to get away from it.

You see, I used to hate people that left SL for RL..

But now..I don't log in..and I genuinely don't miss it.

Don't get me wrong, I miss my friends. I miss the hysterical moments with my friends in Second Life. But not Second Life itself.

I stopped building, designing..decorating.......shopping.

GASP!

I know.

I realized..I don't need something to re-capture my attention. I've seen it all and done it all in SL. I use it mostly as a chat client these days. I IM with my friends and I log off. Or I log on and clear notices..and log off.

But sometimes, even I need the following reminder:

Second Life is not REAL Life. Nor is it a healthy substitute. And sometimes, you need to take time away to remember that.

Otherwise..you become the freak that someone plays afk on..to avoid talking to them. ;-)



XOXO,
B

No comments: