Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An Open Letter to Ms. Marlene Vaughan

Dear Marlene,

I hope all is well.  I wanted to put this in a note card, but I think this is something I want everyone to know.

You.  Are.  Amazing.

As a designer, as a photographer, as a blogger, and as a friend - you are above and beyond amazing.

A little known fact is, many, many many, many years ago I ran a fashion showcase.  And you were a participant.  You set up a whole shop for me - while some vendors only threw up a few vendor boards.  Click the link to see this 2008 blog entitled Marly's! showcase blog

In any event.  You was super amazing then, and because of that, I've stayed a fan of you and your blog CoffeeSmoke (side note:  AMAZING).  The power of genuine kindness is truly phenomenal.   

When I came across the Concerned Bloggers Association, I knew I wanted to be a part of this venture that would address a different topic each month from the point of view of several bloggers.  It was a brilliant concept - and the goal was touching and so reflective of the kind of people I think the CBA is made up of.   

And then my dad and his sickness consumed my life.

And I fell behind on blogging and on logging in in general.  I was honestly a ghost.

And you?  Well.  You were never upset that I wasn't pulling my weight.  In fact, you offered support and kindness and told me not to worry about it.  You made it a point to inquire about my dad and about MY well being.

You leave positive feedback on every blog post I make - and you're so supportive.

So, I wanted to say THANK YOU.  For the awesomeness that is you, for the opportunities you have offered me, and for the kindness you have extended.  You.  Are.  AMAZING.  


 

XOXO,
B

No comments: